the world at my finger tips

the world at my finger tips

Friday, February 4, 2011

Baltic Baltic SEA

Tonight and tomorrow are going to be crazy days on the MV Explorer.  Tonight was the opening ceremony for SEA OLYMPICS, probably one of the biggest events on the ship.  There are 10 SEA teams.  I am a proud member of the BALTIC SEA, repping light blue for the next 3 months.  Luckily I bought a lot of my Rhody gear so I was set to go.   We got first place for our banner and tomorrow we shall KICK SOME ASS on all the events.   Right now, everyone has a lot of adrenalin in preparation, I can’t wait.  I wish I could post all the pictures and videos I’ve taken, but I guess that’s gonna have to wait.

B to the A to the L, T to the I to the C,
B A L- T I C
Baltic Baltic SEA


Feb 2
For dinner, we had a BBQ on the pool deck. The food was amazing, so obviously I ate everything in sight that we don’t have on a daily basis. i.e – ribs, cheeseburgers, ice cream, corn- all that yum stuff.  After the events were over, we were all called back to the union for closing ceremonies and to announce the winners.  There were rumors that some seas had done very well in certain events so on and so forth.  So there was remotely no idea what team was going to be the lucky team to get off the ship first when we dock in San Diego.  After listening to Dr. Bill and Dean Dan talk, the winners were announced. There was a total of 10 teams and surprisingly, we came in 3rd.  Chants & cheers followed.  Aegean Sea came in 2nd and Red Sea came in 1st.  Overall, today was a great day. I’m super tired and I have a feeling I’m going to lose my voice.

Feb 3rd and 4th
So it’s been two days since the Sea Olympics and I still have no voice. ?  Today is the last day of classes until Feb 10th.  We get to Ghana tomorrow morning.  Tomorrow I have a trip to visit Castles and Salve Dungeons and Monday morning, Hannah, Rachel, Lili, and I will head over to Accra to visit Hannah’s friends.  We plan on being there until Thursday and when we get back to Takordi on Thursday, we start our adventure for Cape Town South Africa.

Well that is all for now, stay tuned for my adventures in Ghana.

No comments:

Post a Comment