the world at my finger tips

the world at my finger tips

Friday, February 4, 2011

Manaus Brazil

So the rest of Brazil was absolutely amazing.  I had such a good time, even though it was not much of a tourist city, I was able to see a lot.  Aside from Zamba, I visited the zoo - touched some monkeys and saw some pretty cool animals. I felt like a 5 year old walking around!  Some friends and I also went to some hotel and used their pool which was super cool. It was an infinity pool so you could see the ocean and its awesome view of the city and a bridge.  After spending the day there we headed back to the port but before getting on the ship we did some shopping on the street.  You could find everything on the streets, it was great. The mall was also a must, so on the last day before leaving we headed over.  Taking the city bus was an experience in itself but we made it safe and sound.  I bought some more Brazilian bikini bottoms and Hannah and Rach bought both tops and bottoms.

On a more serious note, after getting back on the ship, I was informed that a young girl was attacked by a monkey while on a trip and for safety reasons had to get some VERY expensive medication to avoid any diseases. Everyone who was on the same trip had to be checked by the medical staff to make sure that everything was okay and that nothing happens in the next 9 days on our way to Ghana.  I am sure everything will be okay, but it is still a scary thought.

well the next 9 days should be fun filled with class, Sea Olympics (Baltic Sea !! whoop whoop), a reading day, and finally our arrival in Ghana :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment